Data and Cookies Policy
Last Updated Date: July 17th 2020
1. Purpose of this policy
It also specifies your rights and our obligations, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (European Regulation 2016-679, better known by the acronyms GDPR) and applicable national laws, if any.
We remind you in this regard that users of the site must be 16 years of age or older and that purchases are reserved for adults.
2. Data controller
Brillen24 SA, a company incorporated under Belgian law, whose registered offices are Avenue Louise 364, 1050 Bruxelles - Belgium, is the data controller for the websites:
For more details on Brillen24 SA, see the legal notice.
3. The Data Protection Officer
Brillen24 SA has set up a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who can be contacted at the dedicated email address email@example.com or by writing to the address Brillen24 SA, DPO, Avenue Louise 364, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium.
4. Concept of personal data
Pursuant to Article 4.1 of the GDPR, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; it being specified that any natural person who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by the attribution of an identifier such as a name, location data, an online identifier or one or more particular characteristics which express the physical, physiological, genetic or economic identity of that natural person, is considered identifiable.
5. Why is your data collected? On what legal basis? Who is concerned? What data and for how long?
The following table informs you about the personal data that you can or must provide us depending on the uses you make of our sites.
|Why is your data collected and processed?||On what legal basis?||Which people are affected?||What data does it concern? (excluding cookies)||How long do we keep them?|
|To manage your subscription to newsletters and carry out our communication actions.|
To meet your requests
|Legitimate interest||Visitors who subscribe to the newsletter, users who have opened an account and customers of the website||E-mail address||Until you unsubscribe/object (link to be found in the communication e-mails, newsletters and this policy)|
|To manage your User account or your Customer account||Legitimate interest||Users who have opened an account and customers of the site||Email address, first name, date of birth (optional), mailing address (optional)||Until your account closure request (outside of data related to your orders, for legal reasons)|
|To manage your order (pre-contractual measures, conclusion of the contract and execution of the order)||Contract (ToS)||Customers of the website (order confirmed)||Name, First name, e-mail address, postal address (for delivery), landline telephone and/or mobile number (for additional information and/or delivery), date of birth (optional)|
Photo (optional) to calculate your inter-pupillary distance if you wish us to do so.
Medical prescription (optional but strongly advised)
|The data relating to the order are kept in accordance with the time limits prescribed by commercial and tax law (between 6 and 10 years)|
Your payment data is stored by the relevant service providers according to the selected payment method by the customer
|To use our online testing tool||Legitimate interest||Any user of the site wishing it||Photo (no link with any other identifying data is processed in our servers)||12 months after upload|
|To allow you to leave your opinions on our products and services||Legitimate interest||Any user of the site wishing it||First name||Until you request deletion|
Specific point on health (correction data) and physical (inter-pupillary distance measurements) data.
The processing of correction data and inter-pupillary distance measurements is essential to ensure that corrective lenses are produced in accordance with the Customer’s needs. This is why we ask You to provide us with this type of data. They are required for the execution of orders involving corrective lenses.
You can fill in these data in your order and/or attach a prescription in support of your order (in particular for refund purposes where possible). When You provide these data, they are saved by Brillen24 and incorporated in your order. When You choose to use the inter-pupillary distance calculation procedure provided by Brillen24, the results are saved by Brillen24 and incorporated in your order.
You acknowledge that you are informed and agree that when You provide us with this type of data and documents, Brillen24 will transfer them to third parties. Brillen24 has ensured that its partners manufacturing the Products comply with safety measures in compliance with the applicable legislation.
In the event that the applicable national legislation allows a possible refund for Products purchased on our Sites, the invoices issued by Brillen24 will mention the corrective measures as well as the measurements of inter-pupillary distance. The person whose data are processed for this purpose shall be duly informed of the processing of such data for this purpose.
Data relating to corrections, prescriptions and inter-pupillary distance data communicated by the Customer when placing an order are kept for the entire storage period of the order itself in accordance with the applicable legal deadlines, i.e. 10 years from the date of purchase.
6. Additional information on the online testing tool
Brillen24 SA offers software solutions on its sites that allow you to try out the pairs of glasses you like. The image you upload or the photo you take from the modules available on our sites are used exclusively for these purposes and are not transferred to third parties.
For online fittings, no identifying data (such as your name, first name, age, etc.) is associated with the images or photos you use. Images or photos are stored exclusively as non-identifying data streams on our servers. Only the text file that is placed on your computer when you connect to our sites to recognize you when you connect (see the cookies section below) allows you to display your photos/fitting images when you visit our sites.
7. Management of reviews and protection of your personal data
You have the possibility to leave your opinions on our products and services. In order to respect your privacy and protect your data, Brillen24 SA invites you to communicate only your first name. Users who wish to indicate their name also do so under their own responsibility. Users who wish to delete their communicated name and/or comment are invited to follow the "Rights of individuals and how to exercise their rights" procedure defined in this Policy by contacting the DPO.
As from their publication, your reviews are the property of Brillen24 SA.
8. Managing your payment data
The payment data you transmit to us are communicated to the payment service provider indicated at the time of your purchase. These transfers are made in secure mode (https) in accordance with the relevant standards. We do not store any payment data on our servers. Refund management is also done via payment service providers.
9. Security measures
BRILLEN24 SA uses personal data protection and security technologies recognised as industrial standards within the IT sector for the personal data it collects and processes. This applies in particular to https (SSL protocol) communications on our Websites, accesses reserved for a category of its personnel subject to an obligation of confidentiality and the use of anti-virus software.
10. Transfer of personal data
We only transfer your data when justified by the nature of the action concerned. Under no circumstances are we passed on for advertising purposes for the benefit of third parties.
For our promotional actions (newsletters), we transmit your data to our subcontractor, in particular in compliance with the security requirements set by the GDPR.
For the management of your orders and returns, we transmit your data to our partners, subsidiaries and subcontractors in compliance with the regulations in force. More precisely, we have ensured that the data transferred is strictly limited to the data necessary for the processing of the order. In addition, standard contractual clauses have been concluded where necessary to ensure, in particular, the protection of transferred data
11. Rights of individuals and how to exercise their rights
In accordance with the regulations in force, the natural person whose personal data are processed has the possibility to exercise the following rights :
- right of access to personal data concerning them,
- right to rectify personal data concerning them,
- right to the deletion of personal data concerning them,
- right to object or to limit the processing of its data, subject to compliance with the legal grounds justifying the processing of the data (in particular the proper performance of the order - performance of the ToS - may justify the impossibility of exercising its right to object or to limit the processing requested by the person),
- right to data portability,
- where the processing is based on consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time,
- right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
To exercise these rights, You must send your request, indicating your e-mail address, your full name and the subject of your request as follows: "exercise of right to personal data", at :
- by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Brillen24 SA, DPO, Avenue Louise 364, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
As a security measure, the applicant must prove that they are the holder of the rights to the personal data concerned. To this end, the request must be sent from the e-mail address registered on the site managed by Brillen24 SA. Otherwise, the request will be rejected. If the applicant is no longer able to use the said e-mail address, it will be up to them to prove by any other reasonably reliable means that they are the owner of the data concerned.
Given technical constraints, you acknowledge that you are informed that BRILLEN24 SA will process your request within a reasonable period of time, and within a maximum of 30 days from the receipt of your request.
But depending on the type of cookies, the way they are uninstalled may have a direct impact on your browsing experience.
Type of cookies
- Essential Cookies : These cookies are essential to provide you with services available on our Websites and to enable you to use some of their functionality. For example, they allow you to connect to secure areas of our Websites and help the content of pages you request to load quickly. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide these services to you. If you disable these cookies, it is no longer possible to make purchases from us for security reasons.
- Functionality Cookies : These cookies allow our Websites to remember the choices you make when using them, such as your login information and to remember changes you make to other parts of our sites that you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to offer you a more personal experience and to avoid having to re-enter your preferences each time you visit one of our Websites. A notice of information and request for acceptance of this type of cookies also appears when you first log on to our Websites. We retain this type of cookies for 13 months from your acceptance (which may correspond to your continued use of our Website).
- Performance cookies and analysis : These cookies are used to collect traffic information to our Sites and how users use them. The information collected does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated anonymously. It includes the number of visitors, the websites visited, the pages visited, the time at which the visit was made and other similar information. We use this information to operate our Websites more efficiently, to collect general demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on those Websites.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose.
Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve the operation of our Websites.
You can find more information about Google Analytics cookies at : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
You can learn more about how Google protects your data : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics on our Websites by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link : https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-EN
Advertising Partners/Advertising Partner Networks
Brillen24/Glasses24 uses advertising partners and advertising partner networks. These extend the communication of Brillen24/Glasses24 offers on the World Wide Web. Brillen24 uses retargeting with certain ad partners/ad partner networks, including CRITEO. We do not transmit any of your personal data to these services.
You can deactivate these services at any time : CRITEO
You can usually delete or reject cookies via your browser settings. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located in the "settings", "help", "tools" or "modify" installation). Many browsers are configured to accept cookies until you change your settings.
For more information about cookies, including how to view cookies on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
13. Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. We therefore invite you to consult it frequently.
The "Last Updated Date" indicates when our Policy was last amended. If the change is particularly significant, we will notify you by email and/or post a notice on our Websites.
We invite you to download the version of the Policy and keep it on the consultation date.